Candle Care 101
- Ensure you only burn candles on a heatproof surface.
- Never leave a candle (burning or not) in reach of small children
- Burn your candle on a flat and stable surface away from draughts.
- Never let your candle burn unattended! This is a major cause of house fires.
- Keep lighting instruments away and out of reach of children.
To get the best out of your candle there are a few things you can do:
- Trim the wick to about 5mm before each time you burn your candle. This will reduce smoking and ensure proper burning.
- The first time you burn your candle, burn it until the entire surface is melted, usually at least two hours. Soy wax has a 'memory' and if this isn't done, the candle won't burn evenly the next time.
- Store your candles in a cool and dark place. Direct sunlight can effect the colour of the candle
- Keep debris from falling into the wax as this will pollute the wax and can lead to an uneven burn.